Tuesday, November 12, 2013

15 Strange Beauty Tips You Never Heard Of (But Work)

These aren't the annoying tips we've all heard and don't like. Ex. Toothpaste for pimple removal. That's pretty common knowledge. I have some really crazy tips from a lot of big name people. So let's get started and learn some new stuff.

Simple, cost friendly oil blotter
Gucci Westman (yes, for real) says that rather than using oil blotting sheets, he dabs deoderant on his face using his fingers in his oily spots for a nice, matte look. Pretty crazy! I can honestly say the without Gucci, I never would have thought to put deoderant on my face.

No more powder foundation?
I think we are all guilty of this one. Everyone loves bare minerals right? Well, apparently not all highly accreddited makeup artists do. Powder foundation is very dry. It's especially too dry to use in the colder months. It cakes on your face and is not flattering, it also sets in all your fine lines and wrinklea, making your skin look terrible. I also read that you dont want to use your pressed powders as finishes either. Translucent powder on a fan brush is okay, but no more powder on fluffy brushes. Ouch. (Btw, I still love my mac mineralized skin finishes.

Store your felt tip eyeliners and liquid liner pens upside down
I have the biggest problems with these dryingout. This is like common sense, I just never thought of it, just turn them upside down and store in a cup!

Diy Eye Glitter Removal
This ones weird, but makes sense. As we all know, glitter is crazy hard to get off. Lady Gaga claims that using fabric tape will peal it off and you wont have a huge mess! Just be gentle so you don't hurt your eyes.

You may be doing your concealer wrong.
1First off, don't use concealer before foundation, I see this problem way too often. Why blend out your concealer and take away the coverage?
2Don't rub/smear on your undereye concealer, dab. I know it will take a while, but I don't want to form wrinkles, and you get better coverage this way.

Define your brows to make your eyes look bigger
Nars artist Doug Howel suggests using a powder brow filler and define your all of your brows, but pay special attention to the center arch. This is the highest part of your eyebrow, and it also is the closest part to the light, if you just make the top of your arch a bit darker your eyes will pop and look a lot bigger and more defined.

Smudge free lipstick
1Use the mac clear brow set around the mouth to prevent any smudging.(Victor Cembellin- Senior mac Artist) personally, I've never tried it, but I feel like brow set around your mouth would feel a bit odd. But I can't really argue, I'm definitely not a senior mac artist.
2 e.l.f. has an incredibly affordable concealer/eye highlighter/reverse lip liner, and it basically does the exact same thing (i bet.)

No more callus and hard feet.
Smooth vaseline on your feet before bedtime and cover with a thick sock. In the morning, you'll have super soft feet.

Diy Eye Highlighter
Miranda Kerr swears by using clear lip balm as a highlighter. I would apply it sparingly though, you don't want to be sticky.

Diy Deep Conditioner
Avacado is incredibly good for your hair, mash it up, and leave on your hair for about 30 mins.

Diy Plump Lips
Add a few drops of cinnamon oil to lipgloss for pouter lips. I'd test this out for a short period of time before you wear it for a while.

Forgot Your Eyelash Curler?
Blast a spoon with a blow dryer or run under hot water, use the side that holds liguid and make a curling motion to rub the spoon on your lashes. Good for traveling when or when you don't want a crease in your mascara.

Diy Eye Makeup Remover
This is probably pretty common, but its so good for the skin. It's hydrating, makes your eyelashes grow, and it's nourishing.

Cat Litter Face Scrub
PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS. I just found it funny! Snooki swears by this. Wht? I dunno. It would resemble a clay mask, but it can causes scratches and blotches in your skin. Very weird idea in the first place.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and learned a few things! Leave me a comment of any more weird beauty hacks you know of!

xoxo,
Audrey
Stay Gorgeous@fashionobsessedforever.blogspot.com

1 comment: